Accenture Recruitment and Hiring Privacy Statement
Introduction / who is collecting your personal data?
When you apply for a job at Accenture, Accenture will collect and use personal data about you during the recruiting and any hiring process. As described in this Privacy Statement, your personal data may be retained and used by Accenture for the purpose of considering your qualifications for employment, as required by law, or as otherwise described below. Please see below for information that Accenture may receive about you from third parties.
“Accenture” means the specific Accenture affiliates, subsidiaries, and contracted service providers who will collect, use, and maintain your personal data in connection with your application for employment, our Recruiting, Talent Management processes, and any hiring process if you are extended an offer of employment. A full list of Accenture entities by country and their contact information appears at the bottom of this Privacy Statement, as well as a list of contracted service providers who perform IT support or background checking services.
What Personal Data will Accenture collect?
The types of information requested from you and the manner in which that information is collected and accessed are determined by the requirements of the country in which the position is located, and not the country in which you reside. While, specific data requirements vary by country and the position being filled, the following categories of data will generally be collected by Accenture:
- Data you submit in résumés / CVs, letters, writing samples, or other written materials;
- Data generated by interviewers and recruiters, based on their interactions with you or basic Internet searches;
- Data provided by third-party placement firms, recruiters, or job-search websites, where applicable;
- Recommendations provided on your behalf by others;
- Data about your prior employment, education, and where applicable, credit history, criminal records or other data revealed during background screenings;
- Data about your health or disability where it is relevant to your ability or availability to work or to a workplace accommodation, subject to legal limits on the timing of collection of such data and other applicable limitations.
- Data about race / ethnicity / religion / disability / gender and self-identified LGBT status, for purposes of government reporting where required, as well as to understand the diversity characteristics of the Accenture workforce.
Your submission of personal data constitutes your consent to our use of your data and your verification that it is accurate.
By submitting your information, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the foregoing and consent to the uses of your information as set out above. You are not required to provide any requested information to Accenture, but failing to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for the job for which you have applied.
You may read this Statement at any time by logging into the system with your user name and password.
By submitting your information, you acknowledge that all representations made by you are true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief, and you have not knowingly omitted any related information of an adverse nature. Providing any inaccurate information may make you ineligible for employment.
What will Accenture do with your personal data?
Accenture will use your personal data to:
- Assess your suitability for employment for the role for which you are applying, as well as future roles that may become available;
- Perform administrative functions (e.g. reimburse you for interview-related expenses);
- Perform analysis of our applicant pool in order to better understand who is applying to positions at Accenture and how to attract top talent;
- In some cases, record your online interview for review by additional recruiters and hiring managers. In such cases, we will seek your express consent to be recorded;
- If you register at the “New? Get Started” section of our page, we will enter you into a database to receive future mailings about Accenture positions and events;
- Transfer your contact information (only) to the Accenture Talent Connection—a site that we maintain to notify you about new positions that may be of interest to you. Your contact information will be used by the Accenture Talent Connection to send you one invitation to sign up for future position alerts and invitations to Accenture recruiting events, as well as one follow-up reminder. If you do not respond to these messages your contact information will be retained by the Accenture Talent Connection only for the purpose of ensuring that we do not contact you again. If you join the Accenture Talent Connection you will have future opportunities to opt-out of receiving messages and alerts if you choose. Note that the Accenture Talent Connection is a separate and distinct service from registering at our website under the “New? Get Started” section; and
- Perform any legally-required reporting, and respond to legal process.
From what sources will Accenture obtain your personal data?
Accenture may obtain data about you from the following sources:
- From you, when you submit resumes or other information online;
- From conversations with recruiters and interviews with hiring managers and other Accenture personnel or representatives, some of which may be recorded (with your express knowledge and consent) as well as from Internet searches that these individuals may perform, or data that they may obtain from job search or professional networking websites (e.g. monster.com, LinkedIn, etc.) where you may have made data about yourself publicly available;
- From third-party recruiters, staffing companies, or websites where you are introduced to Accenture through one. Accenture does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies, but does sometimes use such agencies subject to a written agreement. Any resume or other candidate information submitted outside of established candidate submission guidelines (including through the Careers website or via email to any Accenture employee) and without a written agreement or otherwise will be deemed to be provided for Accenture’s use, and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by Accenture; and
- From background checks, as applicable. Where permitted by law, Accenture may contract with a third party to perform a pre-employment background screening. The content of background check information varies by country to comply with local requirements, but may include information gathered from publicly available sources, your former employers or colleagues, schools you have attended, credit reporting agencies, and criminal records databases. These types of information will only be collected with your prior consent, and you will receive more information about the nature of such a background check before it begins. Where required by applicable local law, you may be asked to provide certain background check information, (which may include sensitive data) directly to Accenture.
Who will have access to your personal data? Where are they located?
In general, access to your personal data will be restricted to minimize the number of people in Accenture’s global organization who need it in order evaluate your application for employment, perform functions supporting our Recruiting and Talent Management functions, or to whom we are compelled to provide it by applicable law.
The following categories of individuals will have access to your personal data:
- Recruiters working with the country where the position you are applying for is based. Such individuals may be based in a different country;
- Hiring managers and other interviewers. Often these individuals will be based in the country where the position is based, but in some cases they may be located in other countries;
- The global Accenture Talent Management and Talent Connection teams, consisting of a limited number of individuals based in several countries;
- Individuals performing administrative and IT support functions;
- Authorized personnel at our service providers, including:
- Oracle, which hosts and supports the Accenture Talent Acquisition System;
- Avature, which hosts and supports the Accenture Talent Connection;
- HireVue, a company that hosts a virtual interview tool used to record interviews where live interviews are not possible.
- Companies contracted to perform background screenings, where applicable. These companies may be based in another country, and may obtain data from other countries where you have lived, worked or studied, as may be relevant as part of a background check. You will receive more information about any such check before it begins;
- Government officials where legal reporting requirements may exist, or law enforcement agencies or private litigants in response to valid law enforcement process (warrant, subpoena, or court order); and
- A successor to Accenture in the event that it sells or divests all or part of its business.
How long will Accenture retain my personal data?
If you are given and accept an offer of employment by Accenture, personal data collected during your pre-employment period will become part of your Accenture personnel records, to be retained throughout and for a period after your employment with Accenture (specific periods vary by country). If Accenture does not employ you, Accenture may nevertheless continue to retain and use personal data collected during the recruitment process in order to consider you for new positions, and, if appropriate, to refer back to an earlier application if you submit a resume or other information to Accenture again in the future, as well as for system administration, to perform research and analysis, and to invite you to join the Accenture Talent Connection.
How Accenture protects your personal data.
Accenture employs organizational, technical, and physical security measures in order to protect your data from loss or misuse. Where we contract with third-party suppliers to provide services that may enable them to access your personal data we require them by contract to have similar security controls in place.
If you have a question, comment, or complaint, wish to obtain a copy of Accenture’s Global Policy 0090—Data Privacy, or wish to access a copy of your personal data or to correct it if you believe it is inaccurate, you may Contact Us by clicking the link. Each Accenture country has established a Data Privacy Officer to oversee compliance with local privacy requirements; you may also use the Contact Us form to contact the Accenture Data Privacy Officer for your country or to obtain more information about how your data will be used in your country.
For job seekers from Malaysia:
The Malaysian Data Protection Act 2010 (“Act”) requires Accenture to provide you this privacy statement in both Bahasa Malaysia and English. For the Bahasa Malaysia version please click here.
For job seekers from other countries:
This privacy statement is also available in the following languages:
- Bahasa Malaysia
- Brazilian Portuguese
- French (European)
- French (Canadian)